main menu

September 14, 2006

Fall is here

Last night the mid-September wind ripped its way around my edges as I stood waiting for my bus and watching the storm clouds billow far above the mall roof. Man thinks he is so powerful with his high vaulted rooves, storm-proof walls: look at the dominion he has created for himself! But could he ever stack the clouds, turn them a shade of grey-green and then bring claps of thunder and torrents of rain? The cloud-towers remind me of the Lord who made and commands them. Man is proud. Let man's heart be softened, Lord.
I wore my flannel pijamas last night and this morning I wanted to wear my mittens but I didn't have time to find them. The gutters slosh with water and oil glistens on the black streets. Tinted bus windows display a grey sky. Fall has announced its arrival with a rainstorm.


No comments:

Post a Comment