main menu

April 04, 2007

My Feet Fitted

During the forty years that I led you through the desert, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet.
Deuteronomy 29:5

This evening, studying about the Israelites in the wilderness between Egypt and Canaan, I was remembering that the Bible mentions that in those 40 years of wandering the shoes on the feet of the people of Israel did not wear out. That is an amazing feat (no pun intended) for any footwear. The Lord brought to mind a little blessing I experienced lately. Over a year ago I found a nice pair of shoes at a second-hand store and purchased them. But the first day I wore them, they hurt the backs of my feet so badly that I was almost limping in them by the end of the day. They were nice looking shoes, and I wished I could wear them, but I rarely tried because it was not worth the discomfort.
In recent weeks I noticed that my everyday shoes were getting a bit worn, and thought that I might be needing to find replacements soon. But I decided to try wearing my 'uncomfortable' shoes again one day. They were OK--leaving me only little sore. I tried them again, and they were OK again. Now I've been wearing them daily and somehow they don't hurt my feet anymore at all. God let me wear the shoes I didn't like as much for a while, and now has given to me the shoes I liked even better.
It gives me joy to see that the Lord cares for even the tiniest details of my life, seeing that my feet are properly fitted... now may they be fitted "with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." (Eph. 6:15)

1 comment: