main menu

May 03, 2007

The count is now at two coworkers who've told me
(when they find out that I believe in a Creator God)
that I don't seem very religious.

I don't want to be religious,
the God of the Bible is relational, not religional,
but oh that they would have that friendship with their Creator restored,
and that my friends who know Him would be restored to the image of their Heavenly Friend.

My unbelieving friends want to know if I go to church every Sunday
and some are are relieved that I am not trying to convert them.

Oh, I could never convert a soul.
To take that blackness of self-love and make it new, pure?
Don't give me that job, Jesus...only You can do that.
People tell me that what they believe is their own personal choice
and that we each decide for ourselves what is true.
But there's only One way to a right relationship with the Lord Yahweh.

They try to tell me about good things they've done.
Yes, one goes to church sometimes and didn't drink before she was legal age. Another is abstaining from pork and feels good if she spends time in prayer to Buddha one day a week. Another has read some of the Bible. "I am a good person." They tell me about their 'righteous' acts.

I cannot stand for that ancient lie
that we can make our own choices and
that if our good works outweigh our bad,
the Creator will allow us a pleasant afterlife.
How they need to know what that Creator is like,
and their goodness will look like dirty rags in comparison
to the loveliness of the Creator.

Maybe this post sounds religious, because the Lord afforded me some opportunities to answer questions about my relationship with Himself.
Cut out my religion, Lord, and leave someone who recognizes her need of constant fellowship with You and openness in our relationship.
Cut out the reliance on self to accomplish things. Cut out all matter of self.
What I need is Divine wisdom. Without You I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment