July 06, 2007

Circumstances can be the Lord's tools to show us something that can be labeled many ways but can be summarized in one word: sin.

it's

it's the dying of a dream
the killing of a heart
the stealing of a hope and
i only understand in part.

it's the test of my sincerity
an exam on what i've learned
a measure of my sanctity
will my heart be truly turned?

it's up-showing my own wisdom
replacing my own strength
pushing out my human love for
one that knows no length

it's taking me much deeper
it's pulling me far in
it's ridding me of yesterdays
it's purging me of sin.

2007

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil...
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Isaiah 5:20-21

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure.
Jeremiah 17:9a

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this poem?? Wow. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Les. (ha, that rhymes). glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete