January 03, 2008

i have told You that You are unfaithful,
when i expect things from You that You haven't given me...
when really it is i who am unfaithful,
running to gods that promise temporal pleasure,
giving up on the spiritual pleasure you offer forever.

i have told You with my actions that You are unloving,
because You haven't always given me what i want...

when really it is i who haven't loved You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength
...for if i did, i would set my mind to remembering Your love.

i have said You don't provide,
because i don't have every material thing i might want...
but Your promise was "every spiritual blessing", not "every material blessing".

i have told you that Your ways are not the best ways
when i've decided to do things my own way, or wished i could live the Egypt lifestyle.

But Your ways
are the best ways.
Forgive me, Lord. Help me to really believe Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment